If you are attending one of our worship services for the first time, here are some things you might like to know.
- We hold two worship services on Sunday morning (except during the summer). The first service begins at 8:30. Attendance at this worship service is typically between 40 and 60 people. The second service begins at 10:30. Most of our members choose to attend this service, where attendance typically runs between 100 and 120. Special music, such as a choir anthem, a presentation by another musical group in the church, or a solo, is featured at the 10:30 services, but not at 8:30. Communion is served at both services on a weekly basis. A children’s sermon for youngsters through grade 6 is offered at the 10:30 service.
- Our worship services blend traditional liturgy with a mixture of contemporary music and older hymns of the church. The sermon always seeks to illuminate the scripture for the day as well as relate to everyday life. Communion is open to all who come to worship. In addition to weekly communion, we offer anointing with oil on the first Sunday of each month. This is a way to express our belief that God’s grace is always with us. Many people receive anointing as a form of prayer.
- During the 10:30 service, we provide childcare for children through 2nd grade. Children up through pre-school are welcome to remain in our nursery throughout the entire service. We ask parents to bring children ages K-2nd grade to the first part of the worship service. They may bring them to the nursery following the children’s sermon. The nursery is located downstairs directly below the sanctuary and is staffed by a professional childcare provider.
- From the fourth Sunday of June through Labor Day, we follow a different schedule. Our services during these summer weeks are on Thursday evenings at 7:30 and Sunday morning at 9:30. The Thursday evening service is more contemporary, while the Sunday morning service is very similar to services the rest of the year. We provide childcare for both of these services.
- The sanctuary is located a half-story above ground level, so there are stairs leading into the upper narthex just outside the sanctuary. If you need to avoid the stairs, you may use the elevator located next to the stairway.
- We hold a coffee fellowship in our Fellowship Hall following our 10:30 service. All are welcome to stay and visit while enjoying light refreshments.
PLEASE NOTE: During the COVID-19 pandemic, worship will be different as we take measures to ensure the health and safety of all who attend. Many restrictions have been lifted. However, some elements of worship remain suspended or altered. Here are some things you should know before you come on Sunday:
1. Please wear a mask as you enter the building and keep it on until you have left the building. We are complying with the current state mask mandate for indoor gatherings.
2. Please leave at least two empty chairs between you and anyone who is not a member of your household.
3. For the time being, we will refrain from passing of the Peace. In lieu of an offertory, please drop your offering in one of the plates located in the upper narthex.
4. Communion will be celebrated at each service, but with a different protocol. Please abide by all instructions given for receiving communion.
5. Coffee hour is suspended until further notice.